The hospitality industry has witnessed a significant shift in recent years, where guest experience is no longer just about comfortable rooms and good service. Today, it’s all about creating memorable and personalised experiences that leave a lasting impression. Leading hotels around the world have embraced innovative strategies to automate guest engagement, provide personalised services, ensure seamless check-in, make hotel information easily available, and offer relevant promotions to targeted guests. In this article, we’ll explore the lessons we can learn from these hotels and how they’re setting the standard for exceptional guest experiences.
Automating Guest Engagement
Automation is the name of the game when it comes to guest engagement. Leading hotels have invested in technology to streamline and personalise communication with their guests throughout their stay. Here’s how automation enhances the guest experience:
- Automated Pre-arrival Message: Prior to checking in, guests receive a personalised pre-arrival email. This not only makes them feel valued but also provides important pre-arrival information.
- Digital Compendiums: Digital Compendiums are becoming increasingly popular in the hotel industry. They can answer common questions, provide recommendations, and even take room service orders, ensuring guests have a seamless and efficient experience.
- Post-Stay Surveys: After a guest checks out, automated post-stay surveys are sent to collect feedback. This allows hotels to understand areas of improvement and address concerns promptly.
- Personalised Offers: Using guest data and preferences, hotels can automatically send personalised offers and promotions. For instance, a guest who frequently orders room service might receive exclusive discounts on their favourite dishes.
- Scheduling Services: Guests can use their mobile devices to schedule services like housekeeping, spa treatments, or transportation, making their stay more convenient and tailored to their needs.
Providing Personalised Services
Personalisation is a cornerstone of creating memorable guest experiences. Leading hotels are adept at tailoring their services to each guest’s preferences. Here’s how they do it:
- Guest Profiles: Hotels maintain detailed guest profiles that include information about past stays, preferences, and special requests. This information is used to personalise the guest’s current stay.
- Room Customisation: Guests can specify room preferences, such as pillow type, room temperature, or minibar contents, before their arrival. The room is then prepared to their exact specifications.
- Dining Preferences: Information about dietary restrictions and food preferences is noted and used to personalise dining experiences. Guests receive customised menus and recommendations.
- Special Occasion Celebrations: Leading hotels excel at recognising and celebrating special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, or honeymoon trips. Personalised amenities and surprises are part of the package.
- Personalised Concierge Services: The concierge team is well-versed in the needs and preferences of guests. They can recommend activities, book reservations, and arrange special experiences tailored to individual guests for a memorable guest experience.
Ensuring Seamless Check-In
One of the most critical touchpoints in a guest’s journey is the check-in process. Leading hotels have taken steps to make this experience as smooth and hassle-free as possible:
- Online Check-In: Guests are encouraged to check-in online before their arrival. This minimises the time spent at the front desk and allows guests to head straight to their rooms.
- Express Check-In for Return Guests: Return guests are offered express check-in services, making their arrival even quicker and more convenient.
- Personal Greetings: Guests are welcomed by name upon arrival, creating a warm and personalised atmosphere from the moment they step into the hotel.
Making Hotel Information Easily Available
Today’s guests value convenience and accessibility. Leading hotels have embraced digital solutions to provide guests with easy access to essential information:
- Mobile Web Apps: Hotels offer mobile web apps that provide guests with all the information they need, from check-in details to restaurant menus and local attractions. This serves as a one-stop resource for guests, offering information on hotel services, local recommendations, and more.
- Digital Room Directories: Instead of printed room directories, hotels provide digital compendiums in the form of mobile web apps. These directories include information on room service, facilities, and more.
- QR Codes: Guests can use QR codes to access information quickly via a digital compendium. Another example would be scanning a QR code at the restaurant table can bring up the menu and allow them to place an order.
- Multilingual Services: Leading hotels ensure that information is available in multiple languages, making it accessible to a diverse range of guests.
Offering Relevant Promotions
Guests appreciate when hotels provide them with promotions and offers that are relevant to their needs and preferences:
- Segmented Marketing: Leading hotels segment their guest lists based on preferences and behaviour. This enables them to send targeted promotions to different groups of guests.
- Personalised Offers: Promotions are personalised and tailored to the individual guest. For instance, a guest who frequently uses the spa may receive discounts on spa treatments.
- Return Guest Perks: Return guests are rewarded with exclusive promotions, discounts, and early access to special offers.
- Special Occasion Promotions: On special occasions like birthdays or anniversaries, guests receive promotions and offers to enhance their celebrations.
Creating memorable guest experiences in today’s hospitality industry requires a combination of automation, personalisation, seamless check-in processes, easy access to information, and relevant promotions. Leading hotels have embraced these principles and set the standard for what guests can expect from their stay. By implementing these strategies, hotels can build stronger guest loyalty, receive positive reviews, and ultimately thrive in an increasingly competitive market. As the industry continues to evolve, it’s clear that the guest experience will remain at the forefront of success in the world of hospitality.